Ltd. “Georgian Trans Expedition – Poti” was established in 1996 year.
It operates the largest and technically most equipped container terminal in Poti (the port city of Georgia), constructed on the area of 15 hectares.
The terminal is equipped with 7 gantry cranes with lifting capacity of 55-65 tons each, reach stackers, modern forklifts and private locomotive on railway line with a length of 3 km, that hosts closed warehouses of 16 500 sq.m. and 1 600 sq.m. closed space for direct reloading from rail wagon to container/Vice versa. Warehouses are equipped with platforms for truck / railway wagon/ container loading operations.
Storage Capacity – The Terminal has the capacity simultaneously to store 25 000 ton cotton, stack 4 000 TEUs at one time. The area for stacking minimum 1 500 TEUs will be granted for the principal’s containers anytime needed. In case of request, this number can be extended. Working staff is over 300 people.
Terminal serves all container- shipping lines operating in Poti and Batumi ports. Terminal area is divided into customs and commercial zones. In each zone, there are open and closed warehouses, with independent railway line and road.
- Industry – Container Terminal Handling, Cargo Warehousing ;
- The largest container/warehousing off-dock terminal in Poti (the port city of Georgia);
- Terminal Employs over 300 people;
- The terminal exclusively serves CMA-CGM, ZIM Line, Arkas Line, but also serves all other shipping lines doing business in the Port of Poti – MAERSK LINE, MSC, CSAV/Norasia, EVERGREEN, CHINASHIPPING, etc;
- Working Hours – The Terminal operates 7/24 including the Holidays;
- Certificates – Quality Management ISO9001:2008
Environmental Management ISO14001
- 24 hours monitoring with 60 security cameras installed across terminal territory.